The word “nanny” is derived from the Greek word nanna, meaning aunt. A modern nanny is employed by a family on either a live-in or live-out basis. Nannies are typically responsible for childcare and other household chores or tasks related to the children. We offer personalized nanny matches based on individual family needs, including live-in, live-out, part-time, full-time and weekend only placement. After discussing the specific services you desire, we review our approved pool of nannies to select a caregiver that will work for your family dynamic.
Nannies have experience in the following areas:
- Following and setting-up routines
- Guiding developmental stages
- Basic child related household tasks
- Preparing meals for the children
- Dressing the children
- Providing educational and fun games
- Facilitating play dates, playgroups and outings
- Tutoring and helping with homework
- Managing family commitments
- Traveling with the family
- Reinforcing appropriate discipline as directed by the parents
Compensation will vary on situation, level of required responsibilities, and number of children.
Nannies of New York is affiliated with one of the top household employer payroll, tax and compliance service providers in the industry and will schedule a free consultation for all of our clients upon request.
Our nannies have been pre-screened to ensure they are legally allowed to work in the United States, can pay both federal and state taxes and have passed our Gold Standard Screening Process.
If you are a nanny and would like to schedule an initial interview, please submit your application here.