Scientific evidence has shown that there are many benefits to giving your baby breast milk. As natural as breastfeeding is, it does not come naturally to most women. With the proper education and assistance, mothers and their babies can get off to the right start and have an enjoyable and problem-free breastfeeding experience. Our certified lactation consultants have gone through comprehensive training and board testing.
Labor Support Doulas
A labor support or birth doula is a woman who is experienced and certified to provide continuous social support to the birthing family pre and during labor and delivery. Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
During this process a labor support doula:
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
- Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth.
- Stays with the woman throughout the labor.
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint
- Helps the woman get the information she needs to make an informed decision.
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers.
- Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman’s memory of the birth experience.
- Allows the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level.
Sleep consultants work together with parents to tackle sleeping issues such as early rising, short naps, nap transitions, weaning of props and night waking. Each child is an individual and each family has their own unique beliefs. Trained consultants understand that what works for one child may not work for another and will develop a customized plan for each family. Establishing a healthy and positive sleep foundation and setting up sleep routines as early as birth will continue to be a positive influence throughout the childhood years.
Acupuncture originated in China about 4,000 years ago and is one of the oldest medical systems being practiced in the world. One third of the world uses acupuncture as a form of primary health care and even more use it for complementary care. Our acupuncture services focus on pre and postnatal care, including labor induction, pain management and the treatment of the entire mind, body and spirit for women’s health. To do this, diagnosis and treatment is determined holistically by our acupuncture specialist and symptoms as well as the root cause of the disease are treated.
If you would like to find out more about job opportunities, please contact us here.